Worrier/Warrior

When faced with infertility, it's fret or fight.

Name:
Location: United States

Find the most current posts at worrierwarrior at wordpress dot com

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Snuffleupagus

I have been thinking about this blog and the support I have been getting. In part, I started this blog as an alternative to therapy. I was in therapy in my early 20s and it was life changing. Partly because I was ready to deal with the things that were not good in my life and partly because I lucked out with my therapist. She was a great therapist for me and helped me figure out how to listen and be true to my own voice. I tried therapy again after my miscarriage because I suspected I might fall back into depression. But, I just didn't click with this therapist (different one). I tried writing in a journal, but felt like I needed to have some coherency and focus to what I was writing instead of just stream of consciousness writing. A big reason for this blog is to get me to listen to my own voice again. I also thought it might be a way to find support from women who might relate to what I was going through. I knew that starting my blog didn't mean anyone would be reading it right away, that it would take time. I was also open to the fact that no one would ever read it and writing would just be therapy time for me without the expense of actually paying anyone to hear me ramble. I was happily surprised, then, to start getting comments after posting for only a short while. It also made me realize how alone I felt in this whole thing, because it felt so good to know someone was out there. So, to those who have commented on my blog, thank you not only for your comments so early in the game but for letting me know you're out there. It comforts me like the taste and feel of warm soup on a rainy day. And if you’re a lurker, please keep lurking...or else I'll have to own up to having more imaginary friends.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

blogging as therapy would have benefitted me many times over the years. i would have felt so so so less alone. i'm glad you're finding it helps.

7:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

website page counter