Worrier/Warrior

When faced with infertility, it's fret or fight.

Name:
Location: United States

Find the most current posts at worrierwarrior at wordpress dot com

Saturday, November 26, 2005

Blogger's Block

I realize there has been a lull in my posting, but I can’t seem to come up with any worthwhile posts. One part of it is that we have been using this time off to finish off the last big pieces that still need to come together for our wedding. It has been going more smoothly than anticipated (knock on wood), though the days are busy and there is still much to do. The other part, though, is that there seems to be a run of bad news in blogland (like here and here) and it just doesn’t seem right I should revel in the trivial aspects of my wedding preparations. I love the way our wedding is taking shape and how much Mr. Warrior is also getting into it. But, a main reason for getting married is to start building our family and it is really heartbreaking to see how difficult a road my friends on the internet are having. Talking about wedding decorations, guest lists, etc. feels frivolous.

But, how do I balance that with the responsibility I feel to the people who read this blog? I installed a counter a few weeks ago because I was curious to see how many people actually come here, and was surprised to find that I get a steady stream of 10-15 visitors on most days. I then found myself getting more and more anxious the more days that pass without a post. I know I started this blog as therapy, but now that I feel like I have made some friends in blogland, posting takes on another dimension. I’m not sure how to handle this responsibility I feel to post more often.

Have you had times like these? What do you do?

2 Comments:

Blogger Thalia said...

When I'm blocked I just write something. Anything. Starting wtih something like: Today I... or: I was just thinking about...

They end up being the newsy, less thoughtful posts but I think people, if they're reading, do want to know about you so they'll be happy to just get that quick update.

But you also don't have to feel responsible. People will come back and check on you, and if they know you're in the middle of wedding stuff, well, that's more important than we are!

9:35 AM  
Blogger ninaB said...

Having a wedding sounds like such a wonderful distraction.
I totally understand the stress of trying to find a non-caucasian donor. Not an easy task. Perhaps some agencies/clinics are better than others? One agency I contacted thought they 'might' have 1 donor who was Indian. Slim pickings.

7:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

website page counter