Worrier/Warrior

When faced with infertility, it's fret or fight.

Name:
Location: United States

Find the most current posts at worrierwarrior at wordpress dot com

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

The 100 things list every blogger eventually posts

I started this list during my 2ww as a way to do something to make the time pass quicker. Now, it’s done and since I didn’t want to have another depressing, poor me post, here it is (try not to laugh too hard):

1. My birthday is September 22, which is also Frodo’s birthday.

2. The first time I read Lord of the Rings, I didn’t really like it and the only reason why I went on to read The Two Towers and Return of the King was only because I had this obsessive need to know what happened to the ring.

3. Plus, I have this obsessive need to read the original source of anything that has been turned into a movie before seeing the movie.

4. Since then, I have re-read LOTR 2 times and I love it more and more each time though I skip over all the songs/poems.

5. I have all the special extended editions of the LOTR trilogy on DVD.

6. I wanted to have a birthday party on my 33 and 1/3 birthday with a LOTR theme, have everyone dress up (I would be dressed as Frodo, of course), we would watch the whole extended version throughout the day and I would find creative ways to recreate food that had some relation to the movie/books. But, I was too tired from my wedding to plan and have another big party.


7. I often imagine or think about things I want to do without actually doing them.


8. A lot of this planning and thinking occurs when I can’t fall asleep and I just let my mind wander.


9. Mr. Worrier also thinks about more things than he actually does.


10. It is one of many things we have in common.


11. It is strange how alike Mr. Worrier and I are even though there is a huge age gap between us.


12. The age gap between us is 24 years.


13. We have been together since I was 19.


14. Mr. Worrier was the first and is only man I have had sex with.


15. Mr. Worrier is the only man I have ever kissed.


16. If there was anything I might lie to my kids about it’s 15 and 16, because it’s so…1950s.


17. But, I wouldn’t change a thing.


18. Still, after my miscarriage, I wondered if I lost the baby because I hadn’t had my share of heartbreak and I was due.


19. I am not much of a girly girl.


20. I like dressing up occasionally, but I hate figuring out what to wear every day, plus I have no fashion sense.


21. I also hate doing my hair.


22. Or wearing shoes that look great but hurt my feet.


23. When I wear uncomfortable shoes, I just spend the day thinking about how uncomfortable I am and asking myself if all this discomfort was worth it (it’s usually not).


24. I don’t like anyone touching my bare feet, not even Mr. Worrier.


25. When people touch my bare feet I feel like I am being tickled, but in a painful way.


26. I can touch my own feet just fine.


27. When I get the munchies or want to snack, it’s usually for salty foods like chips or sausages.


28. What? You don’t think sausages are a snack food?


29. I very rarely have a craving for chocolate and usually only have dessert when I’m out with other people just to be polite.


30. Every 6 or 7 years I have a craving for chocolate and then I eat huge bars of chocolate in one sitting.


31. I love tiramisu, though, and can eat it anytime.


32. I eat about 5 times a day—breakfast (
7AM), lunch (12PM), second lunch (3PM), dinner (7PM), second dinner (10PM).

33. Guess, it’s the hobbit in me.


34. I’m taller than a hobbit, though, at 5 feet 2 inches (or ~158 cm).


35. When I change the toilet paper roll, I must have it so that the next sheet(s) to dispense hangs over the roll instead of coming from under the roll.


36. If the toilet paper doesn’t hang this way, I get the heebie jeebies because it’s like the toilet paper is unsanitary or something.


37. Luckily, Mr. Warrior feels the same way about how the toilet paper must go (though I don’t think it’s because of the heebie jeebies, he just thinks there is the right way and there is the wrong way).


38. I didn’t use to be able to sleep if my closet door was open, even just a crack because if I left the door even slightly open, then there was the possibility that someone or something was in there. If the door was shut, then that negates any possibility of anything scary hanging out in the closet.


39. I also used to be incredibly scared of snakes. I couldn’t even think about them let alone see a picture or *gasp* view a live one without giving myself the creeps.


40. Now I can think about snakes and maybe even see a picture of them or see snakes on TV, but I still don’t want to get close to a live one.


41. There is no way I will ever watch this movie.


42. Sometimes I kill spiders that get in the house, sometimes I catch them and release them outside.


43. If I have to kill insects and other bugs, I prefer to squish them to death first before flushing them down the toilet. I think it’s because I read drowning was the worst way to die.


44. I started knitting about a year and a half ago.


45. But I first learned how to knit when I was about 10 years old.


46. My grandmother taught me one summer when I spent 6 weeks with her.


47. I learned on a pair of large wooden chopsticks because she thought it would be easier for my hands to handle.


48. After that summer, I didn’t knit again until after my miscarriage.


49. I was looking for a hobby that I would enjoy and would get my mind off of things like the fact that I wasn’t pregnant and was trying to get pregnant.


50. Seems counter-productive, especially since I mostly like to knit baby things like blankets, booties, hats and toys.


51. Most of the baby things I knit, I have given away and that feels good to me. Like I’m generating good karma or something.


52. I am a slow knitter, but the more I do it the more I love it.


53. I think it has something to do with the fact that there are a lot of patterns and rhythms to knitting and I like repetitive patterns and rhythms.


54. I have taken the Meyers-Briggs test twice, ten years apart.


55. When I was 21, I was I N T J/P


56. When I was 31, I was I N T/F J


57. I was in therapy for 3 years in my early twenties.


58. I was deeply depressed and without therapy, I never would have overcome it.


59. I still get depressed easily, but for the most part, I cope.


60. I thought I would need a therapist again after my miscarriage and I did see one briefly, but the internet IF community proved to be better support.


61. I was born in
Taiwan, but I have lived in California since I was seven.

62. I remember the day I became a
US citizen. I was 11 years old and my family and I were sworn in in a courthouse with about 20 other people.

63. I love going to the polls and voting.


64. I miss the voting machines that use the levers and hearing the click as it punches a hole in your ballot.


65. I like to decide who and what I’m voting for before going to the polls and MUST fill out my sample ballot before I go.


66. I usually spend anywhere from a few days to a week researching on the web and reading the booklets before I vote.


67. In this day and age, if you’re a candidate for public office and you don’t have a website, I refuse to vote for you no matter how much you and I agree on the issues.


68. I also refuse to vote for you if don’t make time to submit information here or here.


69. I’d like to feel my vote makes a difference, but according to these guys most of the time it doesn’t.


70. Freakonomics is one of my favorite books and a great reminder that just because something makes sense doesn’t necessarily mean that it’s true.


71. I have always liked reading and read a lot when I was younger.


72. Nowadays, I don’t have as much time to read books and mostly I just read blogs.


73. I used to be a huge Stephen King fan.


74. But I never liked Carrie or Christine.


75. I think the last best Stephen King book was Insomnia.


76. My favorite Stephen King book will always be his collection of novellas, Different Seasons which I read when I was 12 or 13.


77. My favorite novella from that book is “Breathing Lessons,” the only story which hasn’t been made into a movie yet and I hope it never becomes a movie.


78. I haven’t read any of the
Dark Towers books because I wanted to wait for the whole series to be written so I wouldn’t have to wait to learn the ending.

79. Some of my favorite TV series that are no longer on TV are Homicide: Life on the Street, Firefly, Picket Fences (why aren’t these episodes out on DVD?!?!), Buffy, most all of the Star Trek series (I never watched Enterprise) and Millenium.


80. I am sure there are more TV series to list, but I can’t think of them right now.


81. I get easily attached to inanimate objects and I have a hard time getting rid of things because of it.


82. I think it’s because I like to anthropomorphize things.


83. Sometimes I go so far as naming the things I am attached to.


84. Most of the items I name are named Charlie.


85. It started with this plant we got about 8 years ago that was called a Red Creeping Charlie.


86. Then we got a wooden rocking horse and I thought it would be funny to call him Charlie (as in Charlie Horse).


87. Now, we call most things we really like Charlie, including our car even though the car’s real name is “Junior.”


88. Junior is my car’s real name because that is the “name” (JR) the state “gave” it when we received our license plate.


89. We keep a notebook labeled “Junior’s Log” in our car in which we record our gas mileage and, in the last year, the price of gas.


90. Last year at this time, we paid $2.69 a gallon for gas.


91. Last week, we paid $3.15 a gallon.


92. We get our gas each week as part of our Friday night “date.”


93. Our date consists of going to Costco and doing our weekly shopping and stocking up of necessary and unnecessary items.


94. We think Friday after 6pm is the best time to go to Costco—there are relatively few people and they have already stocked up for the weekend rush.


95. Before we started eating more healthy foods, our Costco date would also include getting the $1.50 hot dog and soda combo for dinner.


96. Now, we often grab the $4.99 whole rotisserie chicken for dinner.


97. Our Saturday night “date” is to watch our netflix movie while we eat dinner.


98. I’ve always been a cheap date.


99. If we got a dog, we would get a mastiff. I told Mr. W that if we did get one, we would have to name it Chewie.


100. I just found out my brother and SIL just got a a pug (which is a miniaturized bullmastiff, which is a cross between a mastiff and bulldog) and they named him Yoda.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

Thanks for taking the time to write this post. I always really like getting to know more about the people behind the blogs. And I'm so with you on the toilet paper issue...coming from underneath is just CREEPY.

2:52 PM  
Blogger BigP's Heather said...

I hate the previews for Snakes on a Plane! I will NOT be going to see that movie - ever!

And the toilet paper is tainted if it comes from underneath. That is just gross.

8:26 AM  
Blogger Pamplemousse said...

I am re-reading all of the Dark Tower books now in their entirety. Totally engrossing and fabulous! Plus each book gets longer and thicker as you work your way through. Amazon do a deal with the first 4 books in a box.

8:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

website page counter