Worrier/Warrior

When faced with infertility, it's fret or fight.

Name:
Location: United States

Find the most current posts at worrierwarrior at wordpress dot com

Friday, March 03, 2006

Results Normal…for cd19

Well, got my results today from my retest (of FSH, estradiol, TSH, LH and prolactin). My FSH was a 3.1 for cd19. That’s exactly ten times lower than my cd3 levels I had taken back in October. But, since this is a luteal phase FSH level all it does I think is rule out the fact that I’m in menopause. I’m still not sure what if anything this latest round of bloodwork is really useful for except to confirm my TSH, LH and prolactin levels are normal. I didn’t question what Dr. Receptive was ordering last Friday because, really, I just wanted a referral to an RE from him. The fact that he listened to what I was saying was a bonus. When I called earlier this week to get an RE appointment, the earliest they could give me was Mid-May. Yeah, that’s right, not for another 10 weeks. The receptionist said she made a note to move up my appointment if another one opened up earlier, but I’m not about to rely on someone catching that so I will call the office every couple of weeks to see if there is a cancellation. Though Dr. Receptive was attentive, I am hesitant to do consult him in the interim since I still question his thinking that taking a cd19 FSH was useful. (At one point during the appointment he had said something to the affect that he was curious to see what it was. I didn’t ask why.) Plus, really, he has no expertise in this area and I think I’m much better off seeing someone who is at least more knowledgeable about ovarian function even if they don’t know anything about POF. The only reason I may go back to him is to ask for a luteal phase progesterone level and there’s no reason to rush that one since I’m about to start my period either tonight or tomorrow. What next? I don’t know yet. I’m feeling a bit fragile which probably has more to with the fact I’m about to get my period than anything else. But, I’m feeling disappointed in myself that I didn’t push more on getting my FSH on day 3 and/or calling back to get progesterone levels as well (as Thalia suggested in the comments of the last post). I think I’ll revisit all this in a few days when, hopefully, I’ll be over my PMS and can think more objectively.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

website page counter