Worrier/Warrior

When faced with infertility, it's fret or fight.

Name:
Location: United States

Find the most current posts at worrierwarrior at wordpress dot com

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Cleared for Clomid

Yesterday was CD1 and I called for a baseline u/s for Thursday. Turns out they were having a slow day and asked if I could come in that morning. I had the time so I went in. Dr. No Face was indeed training the doctor who will be taking over all the IUI cases from him. She reminds me of my SIL, so I will call her Dr. SIL. I’m so glad we made the decision to go ahead with this cycle. Dr. SIL seems competent but as suspected, needed practice. I’m glad Dr. No Face will be around to guide her.

They saw what they thought was a cyst and measure it. It was 11.5 (mm?) and Dr. No Face mentioned that if it was under 15 it was fine. Later when they were giving me instructions (Clomid day 5 to 9, next u/s scheduled for the 24th, monitor with OPK’s in case I ovulate early, as I tend to do), they decided that since the “cyst” was not there last month, it probably was not a cyst. I didn’t really understand that reasoning and was more worried about the timing of the Clomid (day 9 will be the day of my committee meeting), that I didn’t ask any more. I was counting on starting Clomid on day 3 so I can be off the drugs by next Tuesday in case I get awful side effects, but I guess that isn't going to happen. I asked it they saw a typical number of antral follicles and they thought I had a good number, so that is possibly good news.

Saturday will be the first Clomid day. Ok, say it with me, now…no bad side effects, no bad side effects…

1 Comments:

Blogger Alli and Frankie said...

Wow - I hope they are right and it isn't a cyst! I'm having issues with that right now and it's a gigantic pain in the ass! LOL. Congrats on getting the all systems go for the Clomid!

1:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

website page counter