Worrier/Warrior

When faced with infertility, it's fret or fight.

Name:
Location: United States

Find the most current posts at worrierwarrior at wordpress dot com

Saturday, July 15, 2006

Clomid Watch, Day 1

Hours since taking first dose of Clomid: 14

Mood: Good; I got confirmation from my professor that my upcoming committee meeting (in 3 days!) will likely be my pre-defense. Which means that once my committee members all sign my evaluation form, countdown to graduation will begin.

Energy: Average; It’s miserable hot so I don’t want to move around much and, frankly, don’t want to move at all away from the fan.

Emotional State: Happy; I can’t believe the end of grad school is near and putting together my presentation for this meeting has made me realize that the last six years has not all been for nothing. It also made me realize that I was probably more depressed than I knew these last two years dealing with infertility and the lack of progress in my research. I’m grateful to be feeling the way I am now.

Hormones: Nothing topsy turvy or too weird. A zit appeared on my chin a few hours ago and I don’t usually get them this early in my cycle. I don’t usually get them at all these last few years. So, I can’t be sure if it’s due to Clomid or not, but if it is and that’s the extent of the side effects, I’m just going to count myself lucky, for once, and leave it at that.

For all the angst I had about whether or not to do Clomid this cycle along with trying to deal with the stress of preparing and giving a talk on my work, so far, it is working out pretty well. In fact, one is acting as a distraction for the other and I’m feeling less stressed than usual before a committee meeting and less obsessive than usual when dealing with the steps involved in this cycle. I hope day 2 will be more of the same.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

website page counter