Worrier/Warrior

When faced with infertility, it's fret or fight.

Name:
Location: United States

Find the most current posts at worrierwarrior at wordpress dot com

Sunday, July 23, 2006

The best laid plans

My OPK turned positive early this morning. Called twice to have Dr. No Face paged. No response. Thought maybe he was busy with patients since that is usually the case when he doesn’t get back to me within half an hour. We were getting ready to go out for brunch with my in laws, then to an IMAX film to get out of the afternoon heat, so I figured he would call me back after lunch. By 2:30pm, still no call, so I called in to have him paged again. It turns out there was no record of my first two pages! I couldn’t believe it. All that time, he was never paged! Dr. No Face got back to me almost immediately the third time I called in (and when he was ACTUALLY paged) and said we would do the IUI tomorrow morning and probably do an ultrasound beforehand. I know the cycles before when I check for my LH surge, my temperature always gets higher the next day which tells me I usually ovulate the day of my LH surge. Does this mean the IUI will come too late? Should we even go ahead with the IUI? I almost feel like we’d be wasting the frozen samples we have.

I don’t know what to feel, but I know I don’t feel happy. I had told Dr. No Face repeatedly that I ovulate early. I really wanted to get some idea of whether my follicles were responding to the Clomid and get some idea if my eggs were maturing enough before ovulation. I guess we could still know the answers to some of these questions, but I’m feeling doubtful about everything right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

website page counter